Tips for Using Instagram for Business
Instagram is a mobile application which was developed by Kevin Systrom. It is a free social media website which was launched in 2010. The users are able to download photos, process these photos using filters and then share them with the other users they are connected with. Instagram is most commonly used by the people all across the world.
Small businesses can use Instagram in the most effective ways. The first step is registration. For this purpose, you must have a location page. For that, you have to create an account in Foursquare. It is a social media site which is based on location for all the mobile users.
Instagram makes use of this database for tagging photos to location. In case, your location is not registered, register it right now!
Here are some steps which are important:
• Sign up in your account with username.
• Add your photo and write detailed information about your business and also include a link to your website.
• Link it to other social media networks.
After setting up the account, you can start building your presence for enhancing your visibility. Here are the strategies which could be used:
1. People who follow inbound marketing, SEO and other such techniques find it very important to share the most compelling content. Your entire work starts with the content. You must not be afraid of experimenting with your photos. Ask your followers about their feedback.
2. Make use of hashtags for finding more followers. Hashtags are mostly used by the people who want to search out specific followers. This tactic helps them in finding like-minded people who are expected to be interested in your services and products. You can easily target the people who are interested in your product. Also, try to get an insight of what other businesses are doing. They might be using the ideas which you did not think of.
3. Sharing is the most beneficial strategy. Make sure that you share your photos on other social media networks. Instagram allows you to share your photos on social media networks including Tumblr, Flickr, Twitter and Facebook. When people view your photos, they visit your website and start following you on Instagram too.
4. Also, make sure that you are sharing informative photos and those which tell those stories that you want. Be authentic and find valuable photos. Your viewers would be able to tell if your photos are valuable or not.
5. Also, it is very important for you to be consistent. Post those photos which keep the followers engaged.
Most of the people consider the fact that Instagram filters destroy the photos. Professional photographers complain about these problems who feel competition. However, other casual photographers say that Instagram filters are good enough to be used for modifying the photos.
The exceptional tools and strategies would help you in getting maximum use out of Instagram. All you need to do is to make effective use of these tips.